Friday, August 21, 2020

001 - 2020-01-21_14-56 (GIFs created July-October 2019): some funny gestures by prominent speakers/politicians, playing with memestyles and GIFs

This is my first GIF curation on Pinterest and it was pretty much me posting GIFs I had fun making.



Sen. Richard Blumenthal's GIF says "Look for me when it's time to replace your drumsticks[?]", -Tha Drumstick Salesman. I made this art piece related to this meme I made up. The meme came about when I was working on the computer one day listening to Saint Laurent Mask by Travis Scott and Quavo and at the part that the drums go from low to high, I thought I saw Senator Richard Blumenthal move his hands to the song beat. Not like a conductor but more like a person who liked the song and was pointing out the slight absurdity of that drum sound in a modern-day rap song. That sound is something you'd hear in a 60s or 70s song, not something you'd expect in modern-day music. I thought this was so funny that I decided to make the art piece and the GIF below.

No comments:

Post a Comment